The following are maximums, or "Laws" of Computers and Computing.
They are taken from numerous observations by computer professionals and users.
Murphy's Law    Anything that can go wrong, will - usually in the worst possible way.
Moore's Law    Computing power doubles every 18 months.
Computer Processes    Computers always start counting from zero, except sometimes.
Grabel's Law    Two is not equal to three - not even for very large values of two.
Skinners Constant    That factor which, when multiplied by, divided by, added to or subtracted from the answer you got, gives the answer you should have gotten.
Best's Law    If data resides in two places, it will be inconsistent.
The 90-90 Rule    The first 90 percent of the project takes 90 percent of the time, and the last 10 percent takes the other 90 percent of the time.
Programmers Law    Computers are always right. Programmers are occasionally right.
Gutterson's Law    Any programming project that begins well ends badly. Any project that starts badly ends worse.
Klienbrunner Corollaries    If a programming task looks easy, it's tough. If it looks tough, it's damn-well impossible.
Farvor's Law    There is always one more bug.
Dystra's Observation    If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
Parkinson's Law    Data expands to fill the space available for storage.
Hardware/Software Paradigm    A program is a device to show up hardware faults; hardware is the equipment used to show up software faults.
The Customer    When a system is designed so that fools can use it, only fools can use it.
The Customer    You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damn-foolproof.
Lansam's Law    Everything depends. Nothing is always. Everything is sometimes.
Glasgow's Third Law    Quality is not free, but it is cheaper than the alternatives.
Atkinson's Third Law    If you need to read a computer manual, you can't. If you can read a computer manual, you don't need to.
Atkinson's Fourth Law    There will be one operating system, one programming language, and one philosophy of system adminstration only after there is only one language spoken and one religion practiced on the face of the earth.
Laws of Revelation    The hidden flaw always remains hidden. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw. And the universe is laughing behind your back

Smiley Face